- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar, or higher education
- Excellent knowledge and experience with electrical machines
- Experience with electromagnetic FEA and respective software tools
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials for electric machines
- Knowledge of motor control theory
- Experience in electrical motor testing, verification and evaluation
- Understanding and experience in thermal motor characteristics and behavior
- Experience bringing complex products from concept to production
- Experience with CAD (preferred Solidworks)
- Understanding of highly dynamic environments where balancing competing priorities and timelines is needed
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills
Interview process Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better
- [30m] Recruiter Screen with Win Yu
- [45m] Hiring Manager Screen with Jonathan Terfurth
Team Interview Stage - we then dive into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team. This is also when you will do a take-home challenge
- [60m] Technical Deep-Dive conversation with Toni Garcia and Jonathan Terfurth
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round
- [15m] Expectation management with Toni Garcia and Jonathan Terfurth
- [30m] Conversation with CEO Bernt Øivind Børnich
You are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
If you’re excited about this role, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Our new headquarter in Moss, Norway, is a short train ride from Oslo. The facility is designed to be state-of-the-art, with a variety of 3D printers, an electronics lab, and controls test studio. 1XHQ offers food, showers, and outdoor activities. All employees are supported with a comprehensive relocation package to handle all logistics. Join us in Moss, where performance meets great company culture.
Joining our team means becoming a valued member of one of the biggest brands in humanoid robotics, where you'll play a part in shaping the future of Androids.
Working at 1X
The ideas that express our team’s culture and how we work.
Collaboration is our driving force. Our team creates an open, trusting environment where everyone can be their most creative.
A world-changing team needs the brightest minds in every discipline. This is where people come to work, learn, and grow to their full potential.
Everything we do gets us closer to one ambitious vision: general-purpose androids helping people around the globe. We believe what we build today will impact generations.
1X is an inclusive and equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't hesitate to let us know during the interview process. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We're excited to have you on board!