- Oversee the daily operations of the US company, including accounting, payroll, reimbursements and reconciliation
- Report monthly financials
- Administer the employee benefits program
- Responsible for insurance coverage plans, including maintaining the overview and adding insurance when needed (especially from a legal perspective)
- Work on cash flow management and forecasting
- Be actively involved in process improvement, particularly with establishing good work routines
- Ensure compliance with the company’s financial policies and procedures as well as Tax and Regulatory Compliance
- Act as Office Manager for primary work location (Dallas Service Center), and support when needed by other US offices (examples: act as administrator for accounts, pay bills, set up new account agreements, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field (MBA preferred)
- Proven experience as a Business Controller or similar role, ideally in a technology-driven organization
- Strong knowledge of financial and administration management principles, practices, and regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the strategic goals of the company
- Good understanding of IT applications in general and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong ability to work independently and be self-driven, as well as work as part of a team
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- Experience working at a company with businesses in several states and/or countries
- Experience working at a startup and understands the need to be flexible and changing circumstances
Interview process Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better
- [30m] Recruiter Screen with Win Yu
- [45m] Hiring Manager Screen with Linda Walen Arnesen
Team Interview Stage - we then dive into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team. This is also when you will do a take-home challenge if applicable
- [60m] Deep-Dive conversation with Linda Walen Arnesen and Stein Erik Maurice
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round
- [15m] Expectation management with Linda Walen Arnesen
- [30m] Conversation with CEO Bernt Øivind Børnich
You are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
If you’re excited about this role, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Dallas Service Center (DSC) is located in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. We are close to all major corridors, Highways 635, 114, 121, and Interstates 30, and 35. Just 8 minutes from the DFW Airport. 1X Dallas is a hub focusing on Customer Success for EVE, Android Maintenance and Repair, and Motor Manufacturing for Android NEO. Whether in-office or remote, our collaborative environment fosters enjoyment and offers amenities such as snacks, drinks, and lunches, as well as monthly outings with colleagues.
1X is an inclusive and equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't hesitate to let us know during the interview process. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
About 1X Technologies
1X, previously named Halodi Robotics, is an engineering and robotics company producing androids capable of human-like movements and behaviors. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Norway, with over 50 employees globally. 1X’s goal is to safely deploy androids in the human world, augmenting labor globally.
For more information about 1X, visit www.1x.tech.