Why this job is exciting
Be part of a dynamic environment where you get to work on sourcing parts embodying the latest innovations in robotics
Work with suppliers from all around the globe, experience working with diverse cultures
Be part of a journey and shape it, where the supply chain of a company transforms from low to higher volume one
Take full responsibility for the entire sourcing process for particular parts, commodities and/or types of equipment
Within first month, you will...
Familiarize yourself with the product portfolio of 1X and the various teams working on developing it
Get a good overview of our current supplier relationships and start interacting with the ones that you will be responsible for managing further
Gain a users knowledge of our ERP and other internal accounting systems for logging inventory, invoices, creating POs etc.
Within three months, you will…
Fully own the sourcing of particular commodities / parts and/or equipment
Be the single source of contact for suppliers when it comes to issues related to 1X
Be the single source of contact for 1X internal stakeholders when it comes to status of work with suppliers
Lead the development of higher volume production solutions with suppliers by facilitating discussions between the suppliers and 1X engineers
Within one year, you will…
Operate a robust and reliable supply chain delivering high quality parts on cost and on time for serial production
Have developed deep relationships with suppliers allowing for transparent negotiations between parties resulting in win-win solutions
- Identify and establish relationships with suppliers, negotiate contracts, and source parts and equipment needed for prototype build and serial production while ensuring cost-effectiveness and quality standards are met.
- Continuously evaluate supplier performance and manage supplier relationships to drive improvements in quality, delivery times, and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Production Engineering, Production Operations, and R&D, to forecast demand accurately and ensure the supply chain is aligned with production requirements.
- Develop and implement inventory strategies to optimize stock levels, minimize carrying costs, and maintain sufficient supply to support production schedules.
- Utilize the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, ensuring it is up-to-date and effectively utilized to manage procurement, inventory, and other supply chain processes.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
Proven work experience as a Buyer (min 3 years of experience in a buyer role) at a small-, medium-sized company dealing with hardware products with complex electronics
Good understanding of the different manufacturing technologies that allow companies to produce components for complex electro-mechanical assemblies at low and high volumes
Strong understanding of procurement, inventory management, and logistics processes
Proficiency in using ERP systems (Odoo preferred) and work with supply chain software at suppliers
Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills with proven examples
Proficiency in data analysis tools and techniques to extract insights from supply chain data, enabling better decision-making and predictive analysis.
- Background or specialization in manufacturing engineering with experience in CNC machining, casting, extrusion, high volume electronics manufacturing and assembly
- Expertise in identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks within the supply chain, including contingency planning for unexpected disruptions
- Experience in managing global supply chains, including knowledge of international regulations, customs procedures, and cultural considerations
- A strong understanding of sustainable supply chain practices and the ability to implement eco-friendly initiatives in procurement, logistics, and inventory management
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma methodologies for process improvement, enhancing efficiency, and reducing waste in supply chain operations
Interview process Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better
- [30m] Recruiter Screen with Win Yu
- [45m] Hiring Manager Screen with Csaba Hartmann
Team Interview Stage - we then dive into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team. This is also when you will do a take-home challenge if applicable
- [60m] Deep-Dive conversation with Csaba Hartmann
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round
- [15m] Expectation management with Csaba Hartmann
- [30m] Conversation with CEO Bernt Øivind Børnich
You are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
If you’re excited about this role, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Our new headquarter in Moss, Norway, is a short train ride from Oslo. The facility is designed to be state-of-the-art, with a variety of 3D printers, an electronics lab, and controls test studio. 1XHQ offers food, showers, and outdoor activities. All employees are supported with a comprehensive relocation package to handle all logistics. Join us in Moss, where performance meets great company culture.
Joining our team means becoming a valued member of one of the biggest brands in humanoid robotics, where you'll play a part in shaping the future of Androids.
Working at 1X
The ideas that express our team’s culture and how we work.
Collaboration is our driving force. Our team creates an open, trusting environment where everyone can be their most creative.
A world-changing team needs the brightest minds in every discipline. This is where people come to work, learn, and grow to their full potential.
Everything we do gets us closer to one ambitious vision: general-purpose androids helping people around the globe. We believe what we build today will impact generations.
1X is an inclusive and equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't hesitate to let us know during the interview process. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We're excited to have you on board!