- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent
- Proficiency working with large codebases in Python, including testing
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas in code in an independent manner
- Familiarity with linear algebra and supervised machine learning
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (Pytorch, TF, JAX, etc.)
Qualities we're looking for:
- Fast thinker and learner
- Highly independent code contributor
- Capable of performing world-class machine learning research but willing to work on infra and operational scaling of the fleet when needed
- Good judgement in scoping research problems and infrastructure
- Robotics and ROS experience
- Has built large programming projects on their own for fun (e.g. open source projects)
- Systems programming
- Training large-scale ML models such as visual foundation models, large language models, pixel-level generative models
- Published robotics research in top ML conferences (CVPR, ICML, ICLR, etc.)
The target compensation range for this role is US$ 8,000 to 12,000 per month.
Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better
- [30m] Recruiter Screen with Win Yu
- [45m] Hiring Manager Screen with a AI team
Team Interview Stage - we then dive into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team. This is also the stage where you will do your take-home challenge
- [90m] Technical Deep-Dive conversation with the AI team
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round
- [15m] Role expectation management with Eric Jang
- [30m] Conversation with CEO Bernt Øivind Børnich
Not sure if this is you?
If you’re excited about this role, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The AI Team works in-person from our Mountain View office.
Joining our team means becoming a valued member of one of the biggest brands in humanoid robotics, where you'll play a part in shaping the future of Androids.
Working at 1X
These are the ideas that express our team’s culture and how we work:
Collaboration is our driving force. Our team creates an open, trusting environment where everyone can be their most creative.
A world-changing team needs the brightest minds in every discipline.This is where people come to work, learn, and grow to their full potential.
Everything we do gets us closer to one ambitious vision: general-purpose androids helping people around the globe. We believe what we build today will impact generations.
1X is an inclusive and equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't hesitate to let us know during the interview process. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We're excited to have you on board!